Wednesday 12 July 2017

I Like The Sound of That

First of all I have a favour to ask of y'all. If you are a fan of my blog you would make me very happy if you jumped onto this ride and subscribe to it. If you do you will get an email sent to you at the same moment I publish something on here, So please consider doing it! Pretty please with honey on top! If you are on a laptop look to the right of this text and you will see where to enter your email. An email will be sent to you when you have done so with a link for you to click on to confirm the subscription. If you are on a mobile device I think you have to scroll down almost all the way to the end and press "View web version" and the option will be there to the right on the screen. So go ahead! Go do it before you continue reading! Thank you!

Ok, so now that that's done let's get to the point of this post; Home Free's latest video and cover - Rascal Flatts' "I Like The Sound of That".

I find that there are few things in life that feels so good as when your phone rings and it's the person of your heart's desire on the other end of the line. I think more or less all of us had had that flickering butterfly feeling in our stomachs when that has happened. I know for sure I have. I still get it every time my Sweetie calls or texts me. The reason it feels so good is because we love being wanted by the one we want. It feels good inside, all warm and fuzzy, and that is a very nice feeling. It's satisfying, and I love feeling satisfied in every way I can in life - that's what my life goal is; satisfaction, love and joy.

This song is about all of that. With Austin on the lead showing off his country twang in the most charming, and dare I say flirtatious, way - it's enough to melt my heart once again. I'm not going to go into all the details about the arrangement, but I will mention a couple of favourite moments.


  • First of all Adam's beatboxing - that man just keeps amazing me - is as always just perfect. I love the beats in this song! 
  • Secondly Rob's and Chance's harmonies - how tight can they make their harmonies? Does anyone take bets on it, because I'm not sure they can get tighter than they have been lately. 
  • Thirdly Tim's bass. What's to say about Tim's bass? Impeccable as every other song, of course, but if you listen carefully at 1.17 minutes in, just after second verse started and Austin sang "I love the sound of the thunder rolling" you will actually hear the thunder rolling, or maybe roaring is the correct word here. Holy smokes, Tim! 
  • The last thing I'll mention is the bridge where Austin and Rob switch turns and take over after the other a couple of times. It's seamless, it's smooth, it adds even more flavour to this already very flavour full song. If anyone knows who arranged it please let me know in the comments. 


Mix it and the result will be a fun, sexy and smooth love song sung in a fun, sexy and smooth way.

Now to the video which is probably one of my favourite Home Free videos to date - and they have almost 100 of them on YouTube (btw did you subscribe to their channel - if not click here and do it) - and I love most of them. That is very well done!

This video is so cute and adorable, and it's also funny and goofy - guess which part the Guys of Home Free contributes with? I am so glad these Guys don't take themselves seriously - at all. And I am so glad that they love showing the rest of us how much fun they have, because laughing is seriously good for your well-being. (I believe that between the music and the Guys and their big hearts and humour they could save the world from depression). Anyway, back to the video, this 2 story lines video is set at a high school with the character of a geeky and clumsy teacher that has a clear love interest for the school librarian as the main story. Throughout the video we get to follow them bumping into each other, in slightly awkward ways, in different places at school building the attraction and the interest - both each others and the viewers. I'm not going to tell you how it ends, but this is a smooth love song, so...
The second story line features some of the other teachers at the school - aka Home Free Guys - during the yearbook photo shoot, and I am amazed how these guys can go from singing beautiful harmonies to being hot and sexy men and on to being the goofiest and geekiest teachers - without even changing their outfits! I think the main reason why I love this video is because it truly shows their personalities so well, not exactly, but you can see it between the lines when you add up all the ingredients. Expect a few laughs while watching it.

As I mentioned, this is one of my all-time favourite videos and I really love the song as well. I don't know about the rest of the Home Fries out there - but I think these Guys just keep getting better and better with every video and song they release. I am excited about the new album dropping in September!

What are your thoughts on the song and the video? Did I miss anything of importance? Do you disagree with anything? Let me know in the comments. Share this post wide and far, you have the share options down below, and remember to smile, love and enjoy every day to your heart's desire.
And do that subscribe thing if you skipped it at the beginning. Thanks for reading!

Love/
Carina



16 comments:

  1. Hi! First of all, love your post! So wellwritten I agree with it all. So glad to read that you too noticed Tim's rolling thunder at 1:17. I must have listened to it twice as much as full song :D Really love this sweet and funny song And second,I didn't get an email about this post. Subscribed to this for some time ago, and yes I did click in the confirmations link. Again love this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok. I'm going to look into it. You're the second person that didn't get it. I saw that you had already subscribed and confirmed it... I'm happy you liked it, though! 😀 Thanks for reading and for subscribing.

      Delete
  2. Oh Carina, I love your blog!! Per usual, you hit every highlight! Right on point! I like to watch the video, then just listen to the song without the video to pick up all those little nuances or nuggets of gold in each song, like the ones you mentioned! Great post as always! And... I sub'd!! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks, VJ, for reading, liking and subscribing. I'm glad you like it!😊

      Delete
  3. I agree with everything, and it's so well written as usual ❤️👌
    Can't seem to find out how to subscribe...
    Love you and miss you sis! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sis! I'm glad you like it! And that you managed to figure out how to subscribe. Love and miss you too ❤❤❤❤❤

      Delete
  4. "I am amazed how these guys can go from singing beautiful harmonies to being hot and sexy men and on to being the goofiest and geekiest teachers - without even changing their outfits!" I love that sentence and it's so true ;-)
    As always I enjoyed reading, it puts my thoughts perfectly into words. I had so much fun watching the video (the BTS make it even better) und the song is stuck in my mind since the first listening. And btw, Tim's "thunder rolling" makes me love thunderstorms even a little more ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Thanks! I'm very pleased with how great that sentence turned out. Thanks for letting me know you love it!
      Oh, I watched the BTS in the middle of writing this post and it had me in stitches! I can wait to get get home from work to watch it on my telly!

      Delete
    2. I had to watch it twice at Work an will have to watch it again in the big projection screen this evening �� Oh and I'll certainly watch the song on the big speakers around me to get the full "thunder experience"...

      Delete
  5. To the point as usually! 😉😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did it again! Very well written! You brought us right into the Home Free venue of total fun and enjoyment, without us having to leave home. I love this video, and I must say I normally prefer to just see the guys instead of an excess of actors. The kids help make the situation between the two clueless, clumsy, almost love stuck teachers more believable, I guess. However, the guys are a video all by themselves, i.e., in this one with Chance's fun, childish reaction to Austin's harassment about his not so clandestine Star Wars paperback. Hilarious! Adam is a music video all by himself, I love to watch his beat boxer movements (dance). Austin- what can you say about Austin that would be new, his amazing voice, his smooth southern accent, his total body movements like a fine tuned musical instrument -- ok, let me stop fanoldladying! LOL. Mr. Charm himself, our famous Tim is the sexy cool, thunder roll before the lightning strikes your heart, BOOM! And, of course, our Rob, with his caramel, mocha laden, mellow voice sweetens the dessert of this temptation called Home Free. I Like the Sound of That, most definitely!
    I love it and I love your blog. Keep it up girl, look forward to your postings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Thanks, Janice! That description is worthy of its own blog post. Brilliant! And all so true!

      Delete

  7. As usual, you put the exact words on my thoughts. I would even have a blog if it was not because it would seem like a repeat of what you write - just not as well written!
    They are all impressive in their work and I appreciate their work far more than I can express.
    Yesterday I heard Racall Flatts sing this song and yes they are good, really good, but listen to Home Free over a long period of time has probably made my ears fussy, for the music instruments in the RF's version was extraneous noise and this highlights just the pure sound Home Free produce with so great authority.
    In this song I am touched by Rob's voice, but probably more than Austin. I am experiencing it, as if his voice has become warmer, gentler and more mellow, and it fits really well into the group.
    It seems like there is a new found joy in singing, and a new freshness in the latest videos and it makes me very happy.
    I'm somewhat appalled at the importance a singing group can have on my life, but their impact is big and positive
    Thank you for your blog Carina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please, don't let me and my blog stop you grin having your own if that's what you want to do! And thanks for reading and enjoying mine!
      I agree with the newfound freshness in the last few videos, I think all that were released this year. Maybe it's because they feel like a real connected group again. It might have taken a while for everyone to find their new places in the new dynamic of the group after Chris leaving and Chance joining. Also, noticing how many new markets they are reaching musty be a kick of energy and joy. I'm eager to see what they'll bring us next.

      Delete