Thursday 28 April 2016

Take a Chance and Try Everything For Success

I while back I told you about Home Free's founder and baritone Chris Rupp's decision to leave Home Free to pursue his solo career. His last days with the band he has so successfully lead through good times to great times are getting closer and in a couple of weeks he has done his last performance with them as part of the band. As I also mentioned at that time Home Free took on Adam Chance, former bass singer of Street Corner Symphony, as Chris' "replacement". I use the word replacement lightly because nobody can truly replace Chris and his voice nor should anybody try to, and Chance has said that he's there to bring his own thing to the table.

Unlike a lot of the other Home Fries I was never worried what it would sound like without Chris and with Chance, I was merely eager and excited to hear what the new sound would be like, but there was never a doubt in my mind that I would like it or that it wouldn't be great. I have complete faith in all of the Guys of Home Free, their dedication and love for what they do, and for Chris not leaving until they had found the right person to add to the mix. From the moment I first heard Chance sing, SoS songs, I loved the warmth and fullness of his voice. The first song could not come fast enough for me. As sad as a part of me is that Chris is leaving, as happy and excited am I for his new adventures and I will be following him closely, and I'm also excited to see what the future holds for Home Free.

I haven't seen the film Zootopia yet, Zootroplis in some countries, but I have heard the song "Try Everything" with Shakira from it. I have a love for Shakira and her voice and she is one of few artists I enjoy listening to over and over again, even though I don't follow her and haven't heard or know all of her songs. Also, the song in itself is good and I love the lyrics and it's got a catchy melody to it, I have liked hearing it when it's come on even though I have not gone hunting for it anywhere.

Now, mix all these things together, Home Free, Adam Chance and Try Everything, and what do we get?

We get success!

Yes, we finally got to hear how Home Free sounds with Chance mixed in, and let me tell you, it is perfection! I knew it would be great but this is far and beyond great, in my opinion. Chance brings an edge to the sound that I think I have been missing without really knowing it. I love his deep, full and a bit rough voice, that is still mellow and full of emotions. It has character. And I love that in a voice. Always have and always will. I think this is a great next step for Home Free. Since Chris had to do his own thing for happiness sake I'm glad they took a Chance (yeah, yeah, incredibly lame, but still funny, right?).

The song is, obviously, Try Everything and as per usual they shoot it through the roof like a rocket that has no intention of ever coming back to earth ever again. Yes, that's how fantastic it is. And, we not only get to hear Chance mix with the other Guys, we get to hear him sing solo. And I frekkin' love it!!

Now, this rendition is so much more than just Chance and a great song, though. It has a fantastic beat by Adam Rupp, a beat that makes me want to move my butt every time I hear it. And it has actually taken me jogging twice in last week. It's a heavier beat than we are used to hear, but I like it! Thanks, Adam. Like, really, me jogging. Weird. We also have Tim's bass line that catches my ear every time I hear the song, especially in the second half of the song. I love it! It's groovy! And the way his and Chance's voices blend is smooth and makes me want more of it, like right now! Of course we have more leads and harmonies by both Rob Lundquist and Austin Brown. Both, in my humble opinion, singing their hearts out in the most perfect ways. There's a fullness to both of their voices in this song that I really love and the way Chance's deep and lower baritone voice lifts Austin's and Rob's voices is simply gorgeous. And without loosing any of the harmonies we are so used to hearing.

I first heard this song last Wednesday when it was released to Home Free's Patrons, on Patreon, and I've had it on repeat ever since and I am still not even close to being tired of it. To me it is the sound track to my life right now as I have some really big changes going on and coming on in several different areas of my life. I'll Try Everything. Almost.

If you haven't checked it out yet you really need to do so RIGHT NOW!!! Just GO! I'll be here waiting to hear your opinion of our new baritone-bass Guy!

All that is left to say today is a big, fat, huge and very excited, WELCOME to Adam Chance!

Great debut, Chance! You will do!

Love//
Carina


4 comments:

  1. It's pretty awesome, but now my tears are flowing w/Home Free's version of 'MOVIN' ON' w/Chris...Sad :(, but happy :) for Chris all at the same time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, still hard to see new fans believing the troublemaker's comments under
    "Important Announcement", cuz they don't know the boys..Wish they could see
    the 'Patreon Party' vids by Iris Holland...they're truly like brothers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd said to ignore the delusional 'they done Chris wrong' YouTube commenter & the band finally!!! deleted her from their YouTube chl...Well, she's back as L Moore & her remarks are now downright hateful, attacking each one, personal-ly, not caring that it could ruin his younger brother' career..
    New fans don't know the guys & have questioned her before & will again & she will be hateful in her replies, espec. under the "THANK GOD" video.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy easter 2019

    ReplyDelete