Sunday 17 January 2016

What's Going On?

Hi y'all,

I'm just checking in to let you know what's going on in my life and some of my plans for the future.

First of all; I'm very busy packing up my home for our move next Friday. It's all going according to "plans". We've been packing a little bit now and then, but this weekend we are doing some more focused packing. We want most of it to be done by tomorrow night, so we'll only have bits here and there to pack during the week and only a few things to pack come Friday morning. I'm so excited!

My friends C, D and I had our monthly Girly Night tonight with films, foot baths, face scrub and popcorn drenched in butter last night, it was so relaxing and fun. Usually we do face and hair masks as well, but we skipped those yesterday because we were so into the films we forgot until it was too late. After we move we will live slightly further away so we might need to change our Girly Nights to Girly Sleepovers. Walking between our buildings now takes a minute in a gated community, but walking between our homes after the move will be 15 minutes in the dark streets, and doing that walk in our PJs in the middle of the night might not be a great idea.

I've got four more days of work before I've got 2,5 weeks off starting with the move on Friday, Next is Awards Night with work next Saturday, and then I'm off on my dream trip to see my sister, Home Free, Home Fries, London, musicals and who knows what else, on the following Wednesday. I've decided to cut my trip shorter than I originally planned because I am eager to come home to my new house to really start living in it before going back to work on the 8th. I'm on late that week which means I get to sleep in, and then sit in my office and do some writing before going to work. Oh, and my bf and I have our 6 year anniversary on the 7th.

So, how about the blog. Well, on the 1st of February, when I 'm in London, it's my blog's 1 year anniversary. As I will be away I'm not sure what time and possibility I will have to post something special, but I'll do what I can. When I come back I'm going to start working on a new series for the blog; I'm going to call it "5 reasons to watch ..." and I'm planning on doing one for every Home Free video (already released and new releases), every Chris Rupp video, some of the VoicePlay videos and whatever other videos I feel like doing it for. I will post at least one a week, some weeks more. I've been thinking about doing it for a while and I am really looking forward to it. I hope you will all come visit the blog to check it out. Oh, and those 5 reasons will not be the Guys of Home Free, because they are kind of obviously in all of them.

I also want to get back into my other writing, because I love to write. With my new home office I feel I will have an easier time to focus and be creative. Right now I'm doing most of my writing sitting in bed and it's not really inspiring in the long run.

I've mentioned my dad's writer's desk in previous posts and my plan is to have it here before my birthday in March. It's always been my dream to write a book sitting at that desk.

These are all things I am very excited about, and I can't wait for it all to happen. But in the meantime I am enjoying the ride just as much. All the planning and dreaming is just as big part of it all as the goals are. That's the trick to life, I think, to not only strive for and celebrate reaching a goal, but to enjoy and love the journey to it.

Today's video is a live video from the release party for Chris Rupp's debut solo album "Shine". This song is a fun swing style male duet, and it makes me smile and feel happy. Here's "Drinkin' With Me". Try not to smile. Seriously, if you didn't get this album yet this is the time to do so. You can find all the information about how to get it at Chris' website.

Thanks to Heidi Rancour for filming it, sharing it and allowing me to use it. You should check out her YouTube channel, she's got some really nice live videos.

Love//
Carina


No comments:

Post a Comment