Saturday 12 December 2015

Speaking Of;

Last night we had our annual Christmas Dinner with work. As always it was a lot of fun and I wish I hadn't had to leave early, but I did. The setting was charming with a mixture of old and new decor; all my colleagues, more than 100 of us, where dressed up and stunningly beautiful (I must say we clean up really well); the spirit was high and by the time I left people were dancing their butts off on the dance floor. The food; well, some of it was very nice, but other things a disappointment. I didn't mind it too much though, as I'm having another Christmas Dinner tonight. And I know the food will be great at this one because I'm cooking half of the dishes myself.

Speaking of this dinner tonight; it's with good friends of ours and it will be the fifth year in a row we're having it. We take turns in who's house we're having it, and this year we're in our friends house. Makes it easier for me because I don't have to worry about cleaning, setting tables and other things like that, just cooking. I've made meatballs, and the traditional Christmas ham is in the oven. I've also made a rise porridge which is the base for the dessert, just mix it with some sweet whipped cream and add pieces of oranges and/or mandarins. It's called Ris a la Malta, and it's yum.

Speaking of Malta; that's where the company I'm doing my freelance writing for is based and I'm working on my first assignment for them right now, and will be dedicating tomorrow to it as I've got a deadline on midnight Monday.

Speaking of Monday; exciting Home Free news reached us the other day. They will be on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon together with Kenny Rogers and the Roots on Monday. How cool is that!! As a true and dedicated Home Fry I cried of excitement and joy. I love being part of this time in their careers when so many fantastic things happen. The sky truly is their limit, or maybe as my son once said, why limit yourself to the sky when there is a whole universe out there. True dat!

Todays video will be a Christmas song, but it won't be Home Free, it will be a cappella, though. I've mentioned Peter Hollens before, but I must say this is one of my favourite arrangements of his. What he does is that he uses only his own voice, but layers it. His vocal range is fantastic as is his voice. It's easy to understand why he has more than a million subscribers on YouTube.

Here's "Mary Did You Know?" with Peter Hollens.

Happy Saturday, y'all!

Love//
Carina


No comments:

Post a Comment