Sunday 14 June 2015

Summer Is Here

So, summer time is here, and for us here where I live it's only just begun, we've got days, weeks and even months ahead of us with sunshine, warm weather, nice shade and sweat dripping from the forehead the same moment you step out of the shower. And I love it! Sure, at times it gets too hot, like at nights, but it makes me happier than cold and darkness does. And by the end of the summer I will be waiting for the rain so I can dance in it, because it will be months now before I get to see any.

Summer time also brings cool drinks, barbecuing, beach and pool hanging, late nights and cheerful music to sing along to. To be truthful I don't spend a whole lot of time in the sun as my skin is fairly sensitive, and I have discovered the relaxing effect of the shade where it's not too hot, there's no sun in my eyes when I read, and I don't have to worry as much about getting burned. Another good thing about living in a warm climate.

Another part of the summers here, that I love are the warm nights and late dinners outside when I don't have to put more clothes on than I had during the days. There's no need for jackets or cardigans, or even scarfs. Speaking of late night dinners outside; we are planning on building our own dinner table for our roof top terrace, the plan is to have it done within a month. I just need to decide on the design and size so my boyfriend can get us what we need to build it. It will be a lot of fun! I'm sure we will enjoy some nice dinners there. The view from our terrace at nights is amazing and very relaxing and I plan to sit at that big table late nights and write.

Every summer also brings new music, and 10 days ago Home Free released their first single/video from their new album, to be released in the fall. This song feels like a summer hit to me, and I hope that radio stations all over the world will pick up on it. It's a country song about summer in the country, and the video shows the guys of Home Free, and their crew, with their significant others having fun on a sunny summer's day, in the country. This brings up childhood memories to the surface, good memories of family, fun and laughter, and water games. It almost makes me wish I had a lawn with sprinklers instead of a roof terrace with a fabulous view. Or, I wish I had both. Why choose when you can dream of having both. Anyway, this song feels  like summer to me!

I hope you enjoy the video as much as I do! And, please, share it with your friends and if you have a favourite radio station why not share the song with them too. Here's Summer in The Country.

Love//
Carina


No comments:

Post a Comment