Wednesday 17 June 2015

A Happy Goodbye

Today I saw my friend T for the last time before she moves back to Sweden at the end of the month. It was a goodbye, but it was a goodbye where we both felt alive and happy. We are both very grateful for the time we've spent together because we have both grown a lot through our friendship. Saying goodbye to friends becomes a natural part of life when living in a place like this, in a more obvious way than when you live in a more "normal" place. Friends will always come and go in your life, that's just how it is, it's a part of life, but for a lot of people that move here it is a temporary thing and that is why a lot of people eventually move back to where they come from; to study, to work or to raise a family. And, even though it is always sad to say goodbye to someone you've gotten close to it is only fair to remember what that someone brought into your life.

I believe that you go through life learning and growing, if you are willing to, and both T and I love to learn and grow. We first met a couple of years ago in a Zumba class and we spoke for a few minutes every class, but we never met up outside of it. Until one day when we had spoken about work and that I had been thinking about applying for a job at the company where she worked: She encouraged me to do so, and she offered to read my CV and give some pointers on it before handing it in. And she did. And I ended up getting a job there. Next month I will have been there for 2 years. She however moved on before I started there, she had her dreams to fulfill and live.

Anyway, after this we started to meet every once in a while, like 3-4 times a year, because we are both extremely busy people that just couldn't get our schedule to fit more often than that. It's a shame in some ways, but then again, things have a way of working out like they're supposed to. I guess we met as often as we needed to to fulfill our needs of each other. Every minute we ever spent toghether was fun and uplifting, filling us with positive energy and love to continue our different walks towards our dreams.

When I met her today I was feeling a bit down, and a bit fed up with this and that. When we said goodbye I felt like I can do anything I want to, and I will!

Now, that is a perfect friend in my world. I know we will keep in touch, and I know we will see each other again; she is now added to my list of people to see whenever I visit Sweden; and she will be back here for visits too.

So, for now, I can only say that I am grateful and happy to have her as my friend, and that I wish her all the best in life. I don't doubt for a second that she will get everything she wants, and whoever gets to have her in her life can consider themselves lucky and blessed. I know I am.

Thank you for coming in to my life, T! I will miss you, and I love you!

This song is for you!

Love//
Carina


2 comments:

  1. One of those people who came into your life for a very special reason. I wish you both the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed! Same as you, although we haven't met. Yet. :)

      Delete