Thursday 5 February 2015

Writing is Joy! Creating is Fun!

One of my favourite things to do is to write. My dream is to write a book. And to make money writing. When I write I feel uplifted, and I breath easier. Not that I am having any problems breathing otherwise. It's just how it feels. It's how I feel. Writing is Joy! It's Love, and it's Hate! And it's Fun!

I am currently doing an online course in creative writing at The Writer's Bureau, I started it about 6 months ago, and I got stuck on my second assignment. Not the writing part of it, but a part where I am supposed to analyse publications before writing. That part is boring. And not all that easy as I live in a country where English is not an official language. Finding publications of the sort I need to find, in English, is, it seems, impossible. So, I have to find other ways to get what I need. And I will.

I am thinking about becoming a Creator on Patreon, as a Blogger and a Writer. I think I might do a series of flash fictions, for Patrons alone to read. If you have never heard about Patreon it is a wonderful place where creators of different kinds of art can share their work with their fans. The fans can choose to pledge a small, or big, amount of money in support and appreciation for a reward. It is a place of love between artist and fans. You should head over there and have a look for yourself. At the moment I am a Patron of Home Free, that did that awesome song and video I shared in my last post, and also my son Robin, who is an aspiring composer. Check them out, and help them out. Here is a link to one of my favourite songs by my son. He wrote this little piece for me, for my Birthday last year, and I love it.

I'm also writing on a book now. Actually, I started this particular book almost 5 years ago, but lost my inspiration and put it aside. Ever since it has been in the back of my head, puttering. It is written in Swedish, and I prefer writing in English, so I have just let it be. Until a couple of weeks ago when I bought this new laptop and the background when I started it up was a picture that shows exactly how my book begins. I dug out on my trip to Sweden 2 weeks ago, and I read it on a train ride. I sobbed my way through it. So, I will be busy in the future. Writing, Creating. Sobbing. Laughing. Loving my Life!

See you soon!
Love// Carina

3 comments:

  1. Jag kommer att vara den första att kommentera din nya inlägg : Håll efter din passion , min vän . Det finns inget mer givande , och inte heller tillfredsställande , för själen .
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff, I love that you are writing in Swedish! And thank you so much for your support. Please, feel free to give me pointers on my writing.//Carina

      Delete
  2. Du behöver ingen hjälp från mig, min vän; ditt skrivande är så unik och speciell som du själv är. Trotsa konventionen, och spänningen oss genom att uttrycka din själ med egna ord.
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete